TopicQuickBooks File Doctor - Fix Company File and Network Errors
Have you ever heard about the QuickBooks file doctor tool? QuickBooks file doctor tool is designed and developed in a way to diagnose and repair errors that occur while using the software. It is a simple file repairing tool that permits the users to fix the type of file and data corruption, network diagnosis, windows issues, etc.
Related article: How to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks?
With the help of this tool, the QuickBooks users can fix various issues that face while opening a company file, completely damaged company files, network issues, and error code 6000. This tool is built in to 2014 R5 and later versions, but the internal file doctor helps the user in resolving issues. The user can download and install the QuickBooks file doctor tool by carrying out the steps mentioned later in this post. To know more, make sure to read this post till the end. Or you can also contact our tech support team at 1-800-969-7370. Our experts will help you in making the best use of this tool.
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/F9TdGQ2LSSs" width="560" height="314" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" data-mce-fragment="1"></iframe>
Steps to use QuickBooks file doctor tool
The steps involved in the process to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool are as follows:
- The very first step is to have the latest version of file doctor or simply uninstall the existing one and then install the latest
- After that download the tool from Intuit’s website
- Followed by, double clicking the QuickBooks file doctor tool and then follow the instructions on the screen and then complete the install process. After the tool is installed, open it using the Windows task bar
- The next step is to use the drop-down list to find the company file and then click on browse to manually locate it on the hard drive
- Once done with that, the user needs to select the check file damage only option and then click on diagnose file to apply the basic fix.
- The file doctor tool window will offer the user two options to choose from. And then select the one that fits the most.
- Now, type in company file admin password and then hit next
- Also, select from the two options to continue diagnosing and fixing the issue
- After that select yes if you are working on QuickBooks server/host and no if on the QB workstation
- Once done with that, the QuickBooks file doctor tool will start fixing the company files
- The user will have to wait till the tool is done fixing any possible error. The time taken in the process might vary due to the size of the QuickBooks company file, local area network speed and the severity of the issues
- After the process ends, the user will receive a message, and then the user can close QuickBooks file doctor tool
- At the end of the process, open the company file and check if the error persists
We expect that after reading this post, you might be able to make the best use of QuickBooks file doctor tool. However, in case of any difficulty, or if you need any further technical assistance, then give us a call at 1-800-969-7370. Our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise customer support team will be happy to help you.